There's a long list of reasons why operators are so loyal to Excalibur 7018 MR. They tell us they love the clean puddle, the square coating burnoff, the easy all-position handling and the excellent wash-in characteristics. Its a terrific choice for jobs that involve steels with poor weldability.
Our improved product has a new flexible coating that stays intact in the container and in use. The product produces a low hydrogen deposit even when exposed to high humidity. Starting is improved to eliminate porosity. Give the product a try and we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised to immediately see the benefits we’ve built in, because we built them for you.
- Improved coating integrity
- Extreme bendability
- 60% less moisture pickup vs. competition
- Reduction of arc starting porosity
- Clear puddle and a smooth arc
- Capable of x-ray quality welds.
- Ability to tie-in to side walls without undercutting, especially for critical out-of-position applications.
- Clean weld puddle and uniform slag follow make it easy for the welder to see and carry the puddle.
- Manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9001 requirements.
- All-position welding of mild steels, and some high strength, low alloy steels.
- Tolerates steels with poor weldability, such as high sulfur and high silicon steels.
- Welding of piping, fittings, and tie-ins in the petrochemical and power generation industries.
ASME SFA-5.1: E7018, E7018 H4R
ABS: E7018M, 3, 3YH5
Lloyds: 3M, 3YMH5
CSA W48: E4918