Stay-Silv black brazing flux is an all-purpose, high-temperature, paste flux for use in silver brazing. It is formulated for applications where the work is subjected to rapid, localized heating or where longer brazing times are encountered. It is particularly useful in applications where large amounts of refractory oxides may form, such as with stainless steel alloys. A good choice when brazing stainless steel. Suggested filler metals include those of the BAg and BCuP classifications of AWS A5.8 specification. Flux residue is easily removed with a hot water rinse.
- High-temperature, all-purpose black flux for silver brazing
- Formulated for applications where the work is subjected to rapid, localized heating.
- Ideal for applications where large amounts of refractory oxides may form.
- Use with stainless steel, carbide, heavy parts, prolonged heating cycles.
- The flux turns clear (transparent) close to brazing application temperature, indicating the best time for braze wire application.
- Typical applications include silver brazing, including stainless steel; brazing heavy parts and carbides.