65 A mechanized cartridges provide optimal production performance when cutting within the thickness range of 6 mm (1/4″) to 12 mm (1/2″) thick. Exceeding optimal thickness range can result in decreases in speed and cut quality. To maximize cartridge life and performance select the correct amperage cartridge for the workpiece you are cutting.
With its revolutionary single-piece design, the new cartridge consumable for Powermax® systems will change the way you cut and gouge metal forever. Your consumable inventory management will be streamlined. Select your cartridge and with a simple twist onto the torch you’re ready to go.
Benefits of Hypertherm cartridges
Easy to use
- Reduce operator training and troubleshooting time with fewer consumable parts to manage and replace.
- Cartridges are color coded by application and clearly laser marked for easy identification of process and amperage.
- Upgrading to the Hypertherm cartridge platform is easy for Powermax45® XP/65/85/105 systems via a torch adapter for Duramax® torches.
- Used cartridge consumables are 85% metal by weight and are easily recycled using normal scrapping processes.
- Cartridges are optimized by design to maximize performance and output for life gains when handheld cutting and optimal cut quality for mechanized cutting.
- The cartridge provides useful utilization data when used in conjunction with SmartSYNC® torches and a Powermax SYNC® system. The data can be used to improve cutting operations and identify opportunities for operator training.
- Specialty cartridges for gouging, FlushCut™ and FineCut® extends the capabilities of Powermax systems.
- Fully compatible with all SmartSYNC torches, providing automated process set-up and data transfer to the system
- Available cartridge reader accessory pairs with Powermax SYNC smartphone app to analyze performance data such as starts, transfers, and arc-on time
- Limited functionality with Duramax and Duramax® Lock torches (found on Powermax45 XP/65/85/105)
- Requires separate torch adapter (part number 428951)
- Does not provide automated process set-up or data transfer