STAY-SILV® 15 phos-copper filler metal is the industry standard for air conditioning/refrigeration applications. Its melting range is useful in filling wider clearances while providing good service ductility. Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive. Conveniently packaged for point-of-purchase display.
- A frequent choice for brazing copper, as copper is self-fluxing
- Wide melting range allows operators to fill loose connections and "cap", or build up around finished joint. When heated above its liquidus it will penetrate tight connections.
- Excellent for situations where close fit-up does not exist, and where thermal expansion and service vibration are involved.
- Popular brazing filler metal for HVAC and refrigeration connections.
- Can be used to braze brass with the use of appropriate brazing flux
- Suitable for brazing low nickel, (10% maximum), copper/nickel base metals
- Can be used for brazing copper-to-copper and copper-to-brass (using Stay-Silv" white brazing flux) applications.
- Corrosion resistance is generally similar to copper base metal, but phosphorus containing alloys should not be used if the braze is exposed to sulfur or sulfur compounds in service
- Not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous metals due to sufficient lack of joint ductility
- Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive