ER80S-D2 low alloy steel GTAW (TIG) is a chromium-molybdenum welding alloy containing a high level of deoxidizers (Manganese and Silicon). The addition of molybdenum provides increased strength. This alloy is suitable for single and multiple pass welding of a variety of carbon and low alloy steels.
- General purpose GTAW (TIG) welding rod for chromium and molybdenum low-alloy steel
- Contains manganese and silicon deoxidizers to control porosity when welding with carbon dioxide.
- Contains molybdenum for increased strength
- Weld deposit yields excellent quality and bead appearance on carobon and low-alloy steels
- Used for out-of-position with short circuiting and pulsed arc processes
- Suitable for single and multi-pass welding of a variety of carbon and low alloy steels
- Ink jet printed identification on entire length of rod
- Conforms to AWS A5.28 ER80S-D2